Performance features of fiberglass roving
Fiberglass roving is made of glass balls or waste glass by high-temperature melting, drawing, winding, and weaving. Fiberglass roving is mainly used as electrical insulation material, industrial filter material, anti-corrosion, moisture-proof, heat insulation, sound insulation, and shock absorption material. It can also be used as reinforcing material to make reinforced plastics or reinforced gypsum and other FRP products. The organic material covered with glass fiber can improve its flexibility, used for making packaging cloth, window screens, wall cloth, covering cloth, protective clothing and electrical insulation, and sound insulation materials.
Fiberglass roving has the following characteristics:
(1) high tensile strength, low elongation (3%).
(2) high elastic coefficient and good rigidity.
(3) the elastic limit has a large elongation and high tensile strength, so it has a large absorption of impact energy.
(4) it is an inorganic fiber with good chemical resistance and non-combustibility.
(5) little water absorption.
(6) good scale stability and heat resistance.
(7) good processing, can be made into strands, bundles, felt, weaving, and other forms of products.
(8) transparent to light.
(9) development of a surface treatment agent with good adhesion to the resin.
(11) non-flammable, high-temperature can be melted into glass beads.
Fiberglass roving has only been used in architecture for over 20 years, but it has been used in airports, stadiums, shopping malls, entertainment centers, car parks, theaters, and other buildings. In making the tent, the PE-coated fiberglass roving window cloth is used as the roof, through which sunlight can be transmitted to provide a soft natural light source. The quality and service life of buildings will be greatly improved by coating PE glass screen window cloth.
These are the features of fiberglass roving and we hope to help you understand our product better. If you have any other questions or needs, please feel free to contact us.